News to Use
Friends of Red Rocks Election News - Two Vacancies on the Board of Directors
January 9th, 2015 - Election and Annual Membership Meeting.
We have set a tentative date for our annual general membership meeting and board of directors' election. This year we have two vacancies up for election.
Current board members are: Jeff Brown, Michael Anslinger, Rachelle Stubby, Rusty Lea and Tricia Kalish. Michael and Tricia will be finishing their two-year term at the end of the year.
Members that are interested in a Board position please submit a Letter of Interest by detailing your qualifications, experience, and why your Board service would benefit the preservation of Red Rocks and the organization. These statements will be made public for review in the weeks leading up to the election. Please limit your letter to no more than one page.
Board of Director duties include but are not limited to:
· Upholding and executing the mission of FoRR.
· Attendance at Board meetings approximately once a month.
· General housekeeping of the organization including taxes, Secretary of State filings and execution of financial obligations.
· Interface with City of Denver officials and staff to establish and maintain the roles of FoRR with Red Rocks Park and Amphitheatre.
· Establishing relationships with other organizations that share the FoRR mission.
· Coordination and approval of FoRR subcommittee objectives.
· Coordination and administrative duties associated with current roles of FoRR including clean ups, special projects and concert volunteer selection.
· The implementation of training programs that comply with current FoRR roles.
· Mediating issues associated within and outside the general membership.
The final details on the election procedure and location are forthcoming. Watch for more details in the coming weeks.
Send all Letters of Interest to firstname.lastname@example.org by .
We also welcome submittals of nomination by members for people you would like to see on the board. Encourage these people to run for the board!
Board of Directors, Friends of Red Rocks
If you have any questions regarding this election or meeting please email:
For more information click on any link below:
1. Announcement & Effects of Designation
City and County of Denver Issue Proclamation of Support
The Denver City Council in cooperation with the National Park Service, Friends of Red Rocks, and the CIty departments of Arts & Venues and Parks & Recreation have issued this proclamation in support of the nomination.
Want to see the actual meeting? Click here:
Photo by Phil Blanton
T-Shirts will be available for $15 each at the next end of month clean up!
We accept tax-deductible charitable donations for the purposes of:
- tools and equipment
- safety equipment
- storage and maintenance
Past and current projects in support of our mission have included:
- Monthly trail clean-ups
- Trail construction and repair
- Native Garden at the Trading Post
- Renovation of the amphitheater
- Open space concerns in the Morrison Valley
- Concert booking contracts
- Television and radio transmission towers on Mt. Morrison
- CCC Memorial Statue (now located at the upper amphitheatre entrance)
- National Historic Landmark status
The Friends of Red Rocks educational gardens featuring native Colorado plants between the trading post and the amphitheatre. Check out our garden blog to learn more: http://redrocksgarden.wordpress.com/2014/05/11/a-new-season-in-our-garden/
Please see the Events tab for additional details