News to Use
- Upholding and executing the mission of FoRR.
- Attendance at Board meetings approximately once a month.
- General housekeeping of the organization including taxes, Secretary of State filings and execution of financial obligations.
- Interface with the general membership to cultivate ideas, concerns and objectives for the direction of FoRR.
- Interface with City of Denver officials and staff to establish and maintain the roles of FoRR with Red Rocks Park and Amphitheatre.
- Establishing relationships with other organizations that share the FoRR mission.
- Coordination and approval of FoRR subcommittee objectives.
- Coordination and administrative duties associated with current roles of FoRR including clean ups, special projects and concert volunteer selection.
- The implementation of training programs that comply with current FoRR roles.
- Mediating issues associated within and outside the general membership.
If you have any questions regarding this election or meeting please email:
Photo by Phil Blanton
2014 T-Shirts will be available for $15 each at the next end of month clean up! To stay up to date on Friends of Red Rocks events, sign up for our Email Newsletter along the right side of our website.
We accept tax-deductible charitable donations for the purposes of:
- tools and equipment
- safety equipment
- storage and maintenance
Past and current projects in support of our mission have included:
- Monthly trail clean-ups
- Trail construction and repair
- Native Garden at the Trading Post
- Renovation of the amphitheater
- Open space concerns in the Morrison Valley
- Concert booking contracts
- Television and radio transmission towers on Mt. Morrison
- CCC Memorial Statue (now located at the upper amphitheatre entrance)
- National Historic Landmark status
The Friends of Red Rocks educational gardens featuring native Colorado plants between the trading post and the amphitheater. Check out our garden blog to learn more: http://redrocksgarden.wordpress.com/2014/05/11/a-new-season-in-our-garden/
Please see the Events tab for additional details